Qualitative analysis of interview data
1. Reading the transcripts
- Quickly browse through the entire transcript.
- Create notes about your first impression.
- Re-read the transcripts again.
2. Labeling the relevant pieces
- Label the appropriate phrase, word, section, or sentence; the labels can be about activities, actions, opinions, processes, differences, or that which is relevant.
3. Decide which codes are relevant and create categories by bringing the systems together.
- Revising the codes in the previous step
- Create categories.
4. Labeling categories and determine which are relevant and their connection
- Label categories include adaptation, problem-solving, and seeking information.
- Describe connection
- Decide on the hierarchy available among the categories.
- Draw a figure in summarizing the results.
- Determine an essential category.
6. Write up the results
- Describe categories and their connection.
- Writer interpretation and discuss the results.